Sunday, October 20, 2013

National Portfolio Day WEEKEND 2013!

Hello all!

This past weekend I attended National Portfolio in Milwaukee at Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design and in Chicago at School of Art Institute of Chicago. These past two days have been a blast! I showed my portfolio and demo reel to 8 schools in Milwaukee on October 19th and 7 schools in Chicago on October 20th. 15 critiques in 2 days!

Milwaukee- October 19
Ringling College of Art and Design
Rhode Island School of Design
Maine College of Art
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
School of Art Institute of Chicago
Otis College
Art Center College of Design
Minneapolis College of Art and Design

Chicago- October 20
CalArts
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
Bowling Green State University
CalArts (again)
University of Kansas
Columbus College of Art and Design
Ringling College of Art and Design (again)

I received TONS of great feedback that will totally change how I draw, with what medium, and the subject. I took plenty of notes and plan on typing them up and posting them at my work space.

Lots of schools recommended to sign up for a life drawing class and to attend a summer pre college program. I found a few weekly figure drawing classes not too far from my house and plan on attending one regularly. I also will be looking into a some pre college programs. Right now I'm doing more research on the summer program at MIAD and will be looking at SAIC to see what they offer.

Here's what I showed to the admissions representatives from each school.

I put my sketches in a nifty portfolio case:

(Click to enlarge)

 

 
 
 
 

Here is a video of me flipping through the portfolio case:



And here is my demo reel that I showed:




I still have a very long way to go but I'm real excited.

This entire experience was super inspiring and fun. This week is the end of the quarter so I have Thursday and Friday off. I will be drawing  A LOT in this next week working with the knowledge of the new critiques I received.

Thanks for reading

Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment